The University of California has housing loan programs designed to help offset the high cost of real estate in the Bay Area. These loan programs often provide financing at terms competitive with those of conventional lending institutions.
To help the loan process go smoothly, the Berkeley campus established a Faculty Home Loan Office. This office is located in the Cash Handling & Banking Services, 140 University Hall.
The campus faculty home loan coordinator can do the following:
- Discuss program features and guidelines
- Discuss current interest rates
- Distribute current program brochures
The campus offers the following home loan programs:
- Mortgage Origination Program (MOP)
- Graduated Payment-Mortgage Origination Program (GP-MOP)
- Supplemental Home Loan Program (SHLP)
Each of these loans has specific features and requirements. Prior to deciding on any home loan program, it is important that you thoroughly read the guidelines.
To find out further information about the home loan programs and about eligibility, please e-mail the faculty home loan coordinator or call 510-643-8962.