Cash Handling and Banking Services
SUPPLEMENTAL HOME LOAN PROGRAM (SHLP)
The Supplemental Home Loan Program was established in 1993. The Program provides below-market-rate secondary financing to assist eligible faculty members and Senior Management Group in the acquisition of a principal place of residence. This Program may be used in conjunction with the University's Mortgage Origination Program (MOP) loans or conventional financing to reduce the cash down payment required to as low as five percent.
The eligible population for the program consists of full-time University appointees who:
- Are members of the Senior Management Group; or
- Are members of the Academic Senate; or
- Hold academic titles equivalent to titles held by Academic Senate members; or
- Hold the title of Acting Assistant Professor
Use of the Program is subject to availability of funding as approved by the Dean or Chair.
- Property must be owner-occupied and must be a single-family residence (including condominiums and units within planned unit developments).
- Property must be the participant's principal place of residence.
- Property must be used primarily for residential non-income producing purposes.
- Property must be 50% or more participant owned.
Loans under this program are not assumable.
Monthly repayment is made through payroll deduction.
For further information regarding SHLP loans or other home loan options, please contact the campus home loan coordinator at 510-643-8962.