Payroll System Training is a 1.5 day course which is provided in two separate sessions. You must register for both sessions and pass an assessment in order to receive access to process pay transactions.
- Payroll Personnel System (PPS) for Payroll Preparers: This course provides information on pay schedules and pay cycles, the payroll calendar, preparing for payroll, basic navigation, access, and services to coordinate with Central Payroll. This course also covers best practices and departmental responsibilities (course code: BECTR801, 3 hour training).
- Online Payroll Time Reporting Subsystem (OPTRS) Hands on Training: This course is designed to provide hands-on practice processing time roster entries, leave roster entries and adjustment transactions (course code: BECTR802, 6 hour training).
Important: It is important that you arrive to class on time since there is a lot of information and it is critical that you understand how to process pay to ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time. Latecomers will be asked to register for the next available course. The training location may change monthly, so please note the location when you register for the course.
- Log in to the Blu portal (CalNet ID required).
- In the Self Service section, select UC Learning Center.
- In the Search field, enter PPS or OPTRS.
- Click on PPS for Payroll Preparers and click Register.
- Check the box next to the course and month you wish to enroll in and click Submit.
Note: You will need to repeat steps 4-5 to register for OPTRS Hand on Training.
Note: You should enroll in the course no later than a week before the class is scheduled to begin. This allows adequate time to setup training activities in our system and print enough materials for all students attending the class. If you experience difficulty enrolling or you have questions about the class, you may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions or need assistance with a specific payroll transaction, you may e-mail email@example.com to schedule a review session. Please be prepared to bring sample transactions to review.