Separation Check Request Form Instructions
See form instructions below.
- Enter Employee Name
- Enter Employee ID number
- Select the Type of Separation
- Involuntary – if the employee is receiving
negotiated severance pay.
- Voluntary – if the employee gave notice and
is receiving negotiated severance pay.
- Voluntary – if no notice was given
- Enter the Last Day of Pay Status – the last day
the employee is to be paid.
- Enter the Separation Date – the last day the employee
- Enter the Reason Code – the reason the employee
- Date HCM Updated – the date the employee separation
date was entered in HCM. Please note: HCM does not have to be updated
before the form is submitted to Payhelp; however, the department
should maintain HCM update to ensure the employee is not overpaid.
- Enter all employee final pay in this section (i.e. REG, TRM, CMP,
OTS/OTP, ITS or VTS):
- Period End Date – pay period the employee last
- Title Code
- Rate – enter the employee rate: monthly employees,
enter monthly rate for REG, convert to hourly rate for TRM, OTS/OTP,
CMP (conversion formula: monthly rate divided by 174)
- Chartstring – please verify that the COA is
valid to avoid delay
- DOS – the description of service
- HRS/% – Enter % of time for monthly rate and
number of hours for hourly rate
- WSP – Workstudy code
- Select Pay Disposition – "Produce Check" for a paper
check or "Direct Deposit" for EFT or TotalPay Card - enter
TotalPay Card in the Comment Section (#12).
- For voluntary separation employee receiving a paper check – select
if department or the employee will pick up the check.
- Enter departmental information
- Form Prepared by – the person in the department
preparing the form
- Department – department requesting the separation
- Contact phone number – best number to reach
- Date – date which the request was prepared
- Comment – any additional information, special