Welcome to UC Berkeley's Travel Services homepage. Here you will find information and guidance for all your travel needs including:
- using the Connexxus online travel portal to book airfare, hotels, and car rentals;
- charging airfare directly to the University using Berkeley's Direct Bill ID system;
- processes for travel advances before a trip and reimbursement after a trip
The travel pre-approval process within departments, especially when using federal funds, has NOT changed. Please contact your department travel administrator or department manager for guidance before using Connexxus or Direct Bill.
Connexxus and Direct Bill
Connexxus is the UC systemwide online travel portal used for arranging business-related travel for faculty, student field study, staff, and hosted guests. Connexxus:
- Securely stores a full traveler profile that manages all preferences (travelers should match the name shown in under Connexxus “My Profile” to government issued ID's for airport security);
- Allows you to make travel arrangements either online or through an agent by phone;
- Searches full airfare inventory, using a well-established, fully tested search engine;
- Highlights and allows you to take advantage of all UC-negotiated discounts;
- Automates Business and Travel Accident Insurance coverage at no cost for employees and students;
- Has built-in reminders about compliance with UC travel policy
All airfare, hotel reservations, and car rentals should be booked using Connexxus.
The Direct Bill ID system allows for business related airfare to be directly charged to the University. The system validates chartstrings and posts charges to departmental ledgers in a more efficient manner. A valid, unique Direct Bill ID will be required to confirm each airline ticket paid for by UC Berkeley.
Travelers may also continue to purchase airfare using a personal or University issued US Bank Visa credit card and be reimbursed for the cost of airfare after the trip.
Other travel related expenses, such as hotels or car rentals, should be paid for by the traveler and reimbursed after the trip.
If you have questions or issues relating directly to Connexxus or the agencies within the travel portal, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel is not a Connexxus service provider and will no longer be available to book travel. We understand that travelers may have pending trips and/or credits with Carlson Wagonlit and have requested that Carlson provide the following:
- Full service for current pending travels;
- Full service for travelers wishing to use their credits, with associated fees charged to a personal credit card provided by the traveler
We strongly encourage travelers who have outstanding airfare credits or vouchers at Carlson to use them prior to allocating new funds to acquire other airfare. Read more about using Carlson Wagonlit services.
Making Travel Arrangements
Sign Up for BFS Listserv
The BFS-BAIRS Users Listserv is an e-mail distribution list for staff who work in either BFS and/or BAIRS systems. It is also used to communicate information about travel policy and procedures, the Travel Reimbursement System, Connexxus, and travel training class announcements.
To subscribe to the BFS-BAIRS Users Listserv, fill out this form.
Looking for Flexible Benefits or Moving Expenses?
Connexxus is a UC systemwide travel booking portal. If you are looking for the Conexis Flexible Benefit site, click here. If you need moving assistance for new employees, click here.