Request Travel Reimbursement
The online Travel & Entertainment Reimbursement system is a web-based application used for both travel and entertainment expense reporting and reimbursement requests. Reports can be input into the system by designated preparers and are approved by designated reviewers. Travelers who do not have preparer status should submit their travel documentation to their department administrator for input into the online system. Once your expense report is complete, the signed report and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Travel & Entertainment Unit before payment can be made.
Completing a Travel Expense Report
- Submit a completed Travel Expense Report to the Disbursements Office within 21 days after the last day of travel. It is recommended that you submit a completed Travel Expense Report within 10 days after the last day of travel if travel expenses were paid using the UC Berkeley US Bank Visa card.
- Note: Step-by-step instructions are available for completing a Travel Expense Report.
- Attach the receipt to the completed Travel Expense Report and submit to the UC Berkeley Disbursements Office, Mail Code 1100, via your department's business office (as required by your department).
- Allow at least 10 working days for the Disbursements Office to process the Travel Expense Report. Check the status of the Report by using the Track Reports screen in the Travel Reimbursement System.
To ensure the propriety of reimbursement of travel expenses for University business and compliance with policies, it is recommended that Travel Expense Report approvers check the following when submitting Travel Expense Reports to ensure efficient processing and to avoid delays:
- Trip purpose – The Travel Report must specifically state the purpose for the travel or the nature of the business benefit derived as a result of the travel
- Date of travel
- Explicit destination of travel
- Mileage reimbursements – vehicle license plate number and proof of liability insurance provided
- International – verify per diem rates allowed versus expenses claimed to determine if exceeding maximum rates; translate receipts in foreign languages to English; convert foreign currency to U.S. dollars
- Traveler's signature
- Approval signature
- Name on receipts matches traveler's name being reimbursed
- Original itemized receipts required for airfare, lodging and rental car expenses
- Original itemized receipts for all other expenses over $75
- Documentation of items under $75 with or without receipts
- Verify total
- Use of appropriate funding source