Roles and Responsibilities
Travelers may be arrangers and arrangers may be travelers!
- A traveler may be faculty, staff, student, or hosted guest who travels on official, university-related business.
- An arranger takes on the job of organizing travel for others (or self).
|This role allows individuals to book their own travel or even arrange travel for a colleague or guest||This role is assigned by an individual traveler within the Connexxus profile|
Whether a traveler or arranger, the following are crucial to any travel booked or reimbursements requested:
- Understand the rules and regulations outlined in the UC Travel Policy
- Charges made using a Direct Bill ID will be matched to the chartstrings provided. Campus will NOT assume charges for errors in airfare charges
- Use a unique and valid Direct Bill ID for each trip to guarantee accurate bookings
- Carefully check the spelling of your name against your travel documents (system will confirm ticket with the name in the traveler profile)
- Confirm all itinerary details before proceeding to payment options (check traveler name again, travel dates and time, departure and arrival points)
- Always use the same agency that booked your trip to change/cancel the trip so that all charges and fees can be charged back to the same Direct Bill ID initially used. (NOTE: agency fees and airline fees are different!)