Reconciliation is responsible for:
- Reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts, including cash, financial control, accounts payable and miscellaneous others; and oversight of the reconciliation of all the other balance sheet accounts reconciled by other central office units.
- Financial intercampus transactions processing
Interlocation Transfer of Funds
For non-Contract/Grant funds, budgetary transfers of resources between UC campuses (or locations) are processed on an Interlocation Transfer of Funds form (UFIN 1520-I).
Note: UFIN 1520-I is used for transfers of resources, not expense. Transfers of expense (also called cost transfers) are processed in BFS as Intercampus Financial Transactions. Instructions for processing Intercampus Financial Transactions are available on the Intercampus Financial Transaction page.
Use Form UFIN 1520-I for the following types of budget transfers:
- Any tempbudg transfer involving Berkeley Business Unit 10000 or J0000 and any other campus (i.e., locations 2-9)
- Any tempbudg transfer involving Berkeley Business Unit 10000 or J0000 and an Office of the President alpha-location (i.e. locations K-R)
- Any tempbudg transfer between Berkeley Business Unit 10000 and Berkeley Business Unit J0000 which debits org codes 82xxx (i.e., units reporting to the Vice President, Agriculture and Natural Resources - DANR).
- All PERMANENT budget transfers between Berkeley Business Unit 10000 and Berkeley Business Unit J0000.
- Temporary budget transfers between location 10000 and location J0000 involving Multi-Campus Research Units (MRU org codes 81xxx) may be processed directly in BFS as tempbudg journals.
- Temporary budget transfers between location 10000 and location J0000 which are credits to 82xxx org codes (DANR units) may also be processed directly in BFS as tempbudg journals.
Although the form can be filled out electronically, a paper copy of the completed UFIN1520-I must be printed and routed to Financial Accounting and Controls with the appropriate signatures (i.e., department and control unit approvals). Multiple copies are not necessary. Please refer to the instructions document for complete details.