The University of California has housing loan programs designed to help offset the high cost of real estate in the Bay Area. These loan programs often provide financing at terms competitive with those of conventional lending institutions.
To help the loan process go smoothly, the Berkeley campus has a dedicated faculty home loan coordinator who can:
- Discuss program features and guidelines
- Discuss current interest rates
- Distribute current program brochures
The campus offers the following home loan programs:
- Mortgage Origination Program (MOP)
- Graduated Payment-Mortgage Origination Program (GP-MOP)
- Supplemental Home Loan Program (SHLP)
Each of these loans has specific features and requirements. Prior to deciding on any home loan program, it is important that you thoroughly read the guidelines.
To find out further information about the home loan programs and about eligibility, please email the faculty home loan coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-643-8962.