- Performs Security Administration responsibilities for BFS – develops and maintains General Ledger security roles for the Berkeley Financial System and performs updates for AP, PO, AR, Billing and eBill security roles.
- Adds new user profiles for all modules in BFS and updates existing user profiles; ensures proper controls over sign-on times and correction access.
- Maintains the Systems Access Request Application (SARA) which services BFS, BearBuy, BAIRS (both the Financial and Human Resources Reporting modules), Campus Accounts Receivable System, Student Award System, Travel & Entertainment System, Campus Deposit System, Payroll, and HR.
- Monitors and reviews requests via the Systems Access Request Application (SARA) and processes requests for BFS, BearBuy and BAIRS/BIS.
- Prepares and distributes Financial Systems Identity Management reports on a quarterly basis for review at the L4 Department level through L3 Division administrators.
- Responds to direct inquiries and lends support to the CSS Help Desk
- Maintains various GL, CFS and CAFP systems tables in BFS including Ledger and journal definitions, combination edit tables, and query access tables.
- Updates the required tables in BFS for new batch journal inputs and updates existing setups; monitors and posts General Ledger batch journal inputs; identifies errors on AP system journals and works with IST-Application Services to resolve errors
- Produces monthly GL schedule; opens and closes periods in BFS and runs annual Close process for both the campus and UCB Foundation
- Assists in recommending and prioritizing GL enhancements to BFS in partnership with IST-Application Services; performs testing and handles communications about these enhancements
- Reconciles the Interunit/Interfund account; monitors data files for data integrity issues; assists in verification and testing of system technical problems.