The Payroll Office ensures that all student, faculty and staff employees of UC Berkeley are accurately paid in a timely manner and that all payroll transactions are properly and routinely recorded on a timely basis. Payroll also actively promotes and monitors compliance with State and Federal tax and payroll laws.
Our responsibilities include:
- Processing checks
- Monitoring and maintaining security for the Payroll Personnel system (PPS)
- PPS System and production maintenance
- Inter-campus Transfers
- Separation pay processing
- Collaborating with HR to install rate increases and/or retro pay
- Tax audit, payments, foreign tax and tax form processing
- Post doc Billing Direct and imputed income for foreign students
- Payroll journal adjustments
- OPTRS training
- PageCenter reporting application security
- Oversee and grant authorization for Payroll Authorization Notifications request
- Consolidated Billing: Reconciliation of Payroll benefits deductions
- Leave Adjustments
- Provide Payroll customer service: Answer questions, troubleshoot, process adjustments.
- Non-Exempt transition to Biweekly Pay
- Exempt transition to Factor Leave Accrual
- Are you exempt or non-exempt?
2014 Pretax Transportation Limit