For Non-Contract & Grant funds, transfers of resources between UC campuses (or locations) are processed in the Interlocation Transfer of Funds system (ITF). The campus that is sending the funds must prepare the transfer by using an Interlocation Transfer of Funds (ITOF) form (UFIN 1520-I) for initiating the transfer.
The process is as follows:
- Department (or unit) initiates request by completing the UFIN 1520-I form.
- UFIN 1520-I must be approved and signed by the Authorized Department Person and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Accounting & Controls Department reviews request and enters the transfer in the Interlocation Transfer of Funds system for approval by the Office of the President
(OP). (Note: Requests received after the monthly deadline will be entered in the system in the following month)
- On the first day of the following month, all UC campuses receive a file of all approved transfers for the previous month from OP.
- Financial Accounting & Controls Department prepares and posts corresponding financial journal during the monthly close period.