BFS Business Systems
WELCOME TO BFS BUSINESS SYSTEMS
- Performs Security Administration responsibilities for BFS – develops and maintains General Ledger security roles for the Berkeley Financial System and performs updates for AP, PO, AR, Billing and eBill security roles.
- Adds new user profiles for all modules in BFS and updates existing user profiles; ensures proper controls over sign-on times and correction access.
- Maintains the Systems Access Request Application (SARA) which services BFS, BearBuy, BAIRS (both the Financial and Human Resources Reporting modules), Campus Accounts Receivable System, Student Award System, Travel & Entertainment System, Campus Deposit System, Payroll, and HR.
- Monitors and reviews requests via the Systems Access Request Application (SARA) and processes requests for BFS, BearBuy and BAIRS/BIS.
- Prepares and distributes Financial Systems Identity Management reports on a quarterly basis for review at the L4 Department level through L3 Division administrators.
- Responds to direct inquiries and lends support to the CSS Help Desk
- Maintains various GL, CFS and CAFP systems tables in BFS including Ledger and journal definitions, combination edit tables, and query access tables.
- Updates the required tables in BFS for new batch journal inputs and updates existing setups; monitors and posts General Ledger batch journal inputs; identifies errors on AP system journals and works with IST-Application Services to resolve errors
- Produces monthly GL schedule; opens and closes periods in BFS and runs annual Close process for both the campus and UCB Foundation
- Assists in recommending and prioritizing GL enhancements to BFS in partnership with IST-Application Services; performs testing and handles communications about these enhancements
- Reconciles the Interunit/Interfund account; monitors data files for data integrity issues; assists in verification and testing of system technical problems.
BFS System Hours of Operation
BFS System Hours of Operation BFS is available from 7 am to 9 pm every day, except during scheduled maintenance intervals. Maintenance is typically scheduled for a Sunday morning and is announced to campus well in advance of the downtime.
Although the BFS production servers and databases will be monitored 24x365, only critical BFS availability issues (such as a system outage) will be addressed outside of normal business hours.Contact the IST Service Desk (510-642-8500, press key "9") after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends/holidays to report an off-hour system outage.
BFS will time out after 60 minutes of inactivity.