Accounts Payable Contact Information

Phone: 510-643-2199
Fax: 510-642-6544
E-mail: entertainment@berkeley.edu

Entertainment Expenditures

At UC Berkeley, "entertainment" means expenditures for meals or light refreshments and related services (e.g., labor charges, room rental, equipment rental, decorations, flowers, and similar expenditures) incurred in connection with events that are primarily social or recreational activities in support of the University's mission. Such activities must support an underlying University business purpose such as promoting goodwill or cultivating donors.

Entertainment usually has a guest-host relationship, in which an official guest or guests attend an event, at the invitation of a UC Berkeley host, for a business purpose. Although administrative meetings might not typically include a guest-host relationship, they too may incur allowable entertainment expenses.

In general, entertainment expenses must be cost effective and make the best use of public funds.

Requesting Reimbursement

Requests for reimbursement for University business-related meal and entertainment expenses paid with personal funds or a University issued travel or entertainment card must be submitted within 45 days after the expense is paid or incurred.

The online Travel & Entertainment Reimbursement system is a web-based application used for both travel and entertainment expense reporting and reimbursement requests. Reports are input into the system by employees seeking reimbursement or by designated departmental preparers who submit expense reports on behalf of visitors and students. See the Documentation and Receipts page.