Retiring Fax Method for New Supplier Requests
Effective April 5, 2021, new supplier setup requests will no longer be accepted via fax. All new supplier setups (excluding employees and students) will be created in the Supplier Onboarding Portal. This process, which went live in July 2020, calls for campus staff with the supplier 'Inviter' role in the Berkeley Financial System (BFS) to generate an emailed invitation to the supplier to self-register their information in the portal.
- Starting on Monday, April 5th, 2021, new supplier setup requests submitted via fax will be rejected
- Please be prepared by identifying the supplier 'Inviter' for your department
- Please continue to submit updates to existing supplier records via fax until further notice
- To become a supplier Inviter, please attend a Supplier Onboarding Portal training session
- You can request enrollment information by completing the Supplier Onboarding Training Sign Up Form
Supplier Setup Process
The Vendoring Team in Accounts Payable is responsible for finalizing the setup of new suppliers and updating existing supplier information in the campus's procure-to-pay systems.
Any Business or Individual doing business with the campus must have a supplier profile activated in BFS and BearBuy before they can be used for purchases or payments.
- The campus department identifies the need to purchase goods or services or to issue a payment
- An authorized campus department user initiates an invitation to the potential supplier to register in the Supplier Onboarding Portal
- The supplier submits the required information in the Supplier Onboarding Portal
- The Vendoring Team reviews the setup information and finalizes the supplier profile in BFS
- BFS sends the supplier information to BearBuy
- The supplier becomes active in BearBuy