If an Employee Requires Accommodation
The following processes should be followed when an employee requires accommodation and uses a screen reader (JAWS).
Roles and Responsibilities
Supervisor and Human Resources
- Assist the employee with securing an iPad to report time in CalTime on an ongoing basis
- Provide CalTime resources and contact information:
- CSS IT service now phone number
- 510 664 9000, select option 1, then option 4
Campus Shared Service Human Resource and IT service Now Team
- If you are contacted by the department or the employee, please escalate a ticket to CalTime tier 2 for assistance
CalTime Tier 2 (Central Payroll team)
- Assist the employee and the department with clarification of instructions
- Assist with the initial setup of the iPad including assigning a tablet license
- Report technical issues to the CalTime technical team
Immediate and Temporary CalTime Use Until an iPad is Provided
For immediate and temporary CalTime use until an iPad is provided, please provide the employee with the ADA accessible CalTime site. This link will provide the employee with basic access to record time via a PC computer. The employee must be connected to Global Protect VPN before using the google chrome browser to access the site. The employee's department will ultimately need to provide the employee with an iPad, which will require initial setup.
Please advise the employee to request an iPad for CalTime use from their supervisor or HR partner. If the supervisor or HR partner has any questions, they may contact CalTime by emailing email@example.com or calling 510 664 9000 and selecting option 1, then option 4. The home department should purchase an Apple iPad.
Setting Up an iPad to Access CalTime
- The employee has been provided an Apple iPad
- The CalTime team must first assign a tablet license to the employee
- If this step has not been completed, the employee will receive an error message (Error message: access denied. License required) when the employee attempts to login
- An email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a tablet license if one has not already been provided
- You may configure your own settings based on the instructions
- If you need assistance setting up the iPad and accessing the campus network, please open a ticket by emailing email@example.com or calling 510 664 9000 and selecting option 1, then option 4
- Log in to your iPad and download the 'UKG Workforce Central Tablet' app from the Apple App Store
- Once the application is installed, the UKG Workforce Central Tablet app will appear on the device screen
- Open the application
- Enter the following URL address in the server field:
- The UC Berkeley Calnet authentication screen will open
- Please enter your Calnet ID and password
- A push will be sent to your phone for the 2 step DUO verification
- The timekeeping application will open to the user's home screen
At this point you have successfully installed the application and may now access your timecard and accrual balances.
- Navigating Within the Application
- Timecard Layout
- How to Record Time
- How to Approve Your Timecard
- How to Review Your Accrual Balance
- How to Log Out of the Application
From the application home page, you may select 'Current Pay Period' which will enable you to also select a prior period.
On the home page there are five options to select from:
You will only need to use the 'Timecard' option to record time and the 'Accruals' option to view your accruals. Also on the home page is your user name and Log Out option.
To record time, select 'Timecard' on the home page of the application. From the Timecard page, you may select 'Current Pay Period' to change the pay period. In addition, your name is displayed and a section labeled 'Pay Period Totals' will have a summary of your total hours by pay code such as vacation, regular pay, sick leave, etc.
Below the Pay Period Totals section, your timecard will be displayed where you will record your hours worked and/or leave taken. Your timecard contains five columns:
- Date: The date represents the calendar dates within in the pay period you selected.
- Pay Code: The pay code is the list of categories of work, such as vacation, regular, and sick leave.
- Amount: This is the amount of hours you worked or took leave.
- In: The In column is applicable to non-exempt biweekly paid employees only. The In column is used to record the time you started your working shift.
- Out: The out column is applicable to non-exempt biweekly paid employees only. The Out column is used to record the time you ended your daily work shift.
Select the date on your timecard that you would like to report time for and you will be prompted to select 'Punch' or 'Pay Code.'
- If you are a monthly paid employee, you will not use Punch and only use Pay Code as you only need to report your hours on leave such as vacation, sick leave, jury duty, etc.
- If you are a biweekly paid employee, you will use both the Punch and Pay Code options
- You will need to select 'Punch' to record the time you start and end your shift
- In addition, you will need to select 'Pay Code' to report your hours on leave such as vacation, sick leave, jury duty, etc.
- To use the punch feature, select 'Punch'
- You will then be prompted to select the 'In' field
- Once you select In, you will enter start time of your shift
- You will also need to select 'Out' to record the time you end your shift
- Once you have completed these steps, select the checkmark symbol to save your entry
- To use the pay code feature, select the time card date and you will then be prompted to select the 'Pay Code' field from the Pay Code Editor window
- Once you select Pay Code, a list of different types of leave will appear
- You will need to choose the type of leave such as a vacation or sick from this drop down menu
- Once you select the Pay Code type of leave, you will then select 'Duration'
- The duration is used to record the total hours you took leave
- You will then be prompted to select 'Add Duration' to record hours
- Once you have completed these steps, select the checkmark to save your entry
To edit your punch or pay code on your timecard, you will need to select the pay code or 'In' and 'Out' punch on your time card. Once you select the field in the timecard, the editor will open, allowing you to edit the pay code or the hours worked.
At the end of your pay period, please remember to approve your timecard by clicking the 'Approve' button.
- Select 'Approve' when you have completed your timecard entries
- Once you select Approve, a notification will appear displaying "Timecard Approved"
- Select 'OK' to acknowledge the notification
- If you need to remove your approval before the pay period ends to edit your timecard further, select 'Remove Approval'
- A notification will appear displaying "Timecard Approval Removed"
- Select 'OK' to acknowledge the notification
To review your accrual balance, select 'Accruals' from the home page. If you are viewing your timecard and need to return to the home page, select the Home button to return to the home page. You may then select Accruals. Your accrual balance is displayed as of a certain date. To change the as of date, please select the date and you can change the as of date in which you wish to review your accruals, otherwise the date defaults to today’s date.
The following information is displayed on the Accruals page:
- Sick Accrual: The amount of sick leave you accrued for the most recent pay period
- Sick Leave: This is your sick leave used
- Sick Leave Balance: This is your sick leave balance and the total hours of sick leave you have accrued in total
- Vacation Accrual: The amount of vacation leave you accrued for the most recent pay period
- Vacation Leave: This is your vacation leave used
- Vacation Balance: This is your vacation leave balance and the total hours of vacation leave you have accrued in total
- Vacation Maximum: Vacation maximum is the maximum number of vacation hours you are permitted to accrue based on your job title and years of service
In addition there are balance fields that may not apply to you as they were created for specific leave purposes. These fields are:
- Total Furlough Used
- Total CV19 - Admin Leave with Pay Used
- Total EFML - First Two Weeks Used
- Total EFML - Next 10 Weeks Used
- Total EPSL - Emergency Paid Sick Used
If you are eligible for this type of leave, a leave administrator will notify you separately.
Once you have finished reviewing your accrual balances, you may return to the home page by selecting the 'Home' button.