All campus departments must receive written approval from the Campus Credit Card Coordinatorbefore either accepting payment via credit card or signing any agreements involving credit card services/equipment.
This requirement is in accordance to UC BUS-49 policy, Section VI, Page 10 (PDF).
The campus department must adhere to the following requirements when seeking approval:
- Prepare a business case including a cost benefit analysis that demonstrates the volume/size of transactions justify the costs;
- Demonstrate ability to fully comply with all Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards;
- Meet BUS-49 policy, Section XIII, Page 31 (PDF) and UC Berkeley Procurement Policy for contracts and agreements.
- Transact only through payment gateways support by the University of California Office of the President.
The Credit Card Coordinator will review departmental needs and recommend the most efficient and cost effective method available to process transactions for events, dining, tickets, merchandise and fees. The Coordinator can assist with:
- Identifying card acceptance/payment solutions
- Complying to PCI Data Security Standards
- Conducting vendor due diligence
- Meeting acquirer/processor setup requirements
- Deploying best practices
- Conducting training