Who Will Receive a W-2?
- All employees receiving taxable compensation, wage and salary from the payroll system. W-2 will report the amount of federal, state and other taxes withheld from your earnings
Who Will Receive a 1042S?
- A Foreign National student or scholar who was employed and was exempt from tax withholding under a tax treaty
- Any Nonresident Alien student or scholar who received a taxable nonservice scholarship/fellowship payment, whether tax was withheld or a tax treaty was granted
- Any Nonresident Alien who received a taxable independent service payment, whether tax was withheld or a tax treaty was granted
Who Will Receive a 592B?
- Any non-employee that received a payment with a California state tax withholding
Nonresident Aliens can contact Berkeley International Office regarding reporting and filing. Below are some helpful links