|Account Type||HTML Page||Text File |
(semicolon delimited for download to Excel)
|Balance Sheet Accounts||HTML||Text|
|Fund Balance Accounts||HTML||Text|
|Long Descriptions for BFS Accounts||Text (See formatting tips)
To Convert Text Files to Excel Format
- Click on the Text link above for the type of Account that you want to download.
- When the Account list appears, choose Save As from the File menu. For Save as type, choose Text File or Text Document (*.txt) from the drop-down menu and save the file on your Desktop (or another location of your choosing).
- Open Excel. From the Excel File menu, select Open…
- In the Open dialogue box, click on the drop-down list for Files of type and select Text Files. Navigate to the text file that you just saved on your Desktop (or wherever you saved it) and open it. The Text Import Wizard will open.
- Choose Delimited instead of Fixed Width. Click Next.
- Uncheck the Tab delimiter. Check Semicolon as the Delimiter. Click Next.
- Choose Text as the Column Data Format. Click Finish.
- Choose Save As from the File menu. Select Save as type from the drop-down menu and choose Excel Workbook.
- Set the column width for the Description and Long Description to 30.
- Right click on the column for Long Description and choose Format Cells.
- On the Alignment panel, choose Left for the Horizontal and Top for the Vertical settings. Then, click on Wrap Text under Text Control.
- Click OK.
- IMPORTANT: Set the Print Area to include only the colu