Effective July 1, 2020:
The Vendoring Team in Accounts Payable now offers an online solution for supplier onboarding.
UC Berkeley Employees will be able to invite potential new suppliers to register as a UC Berkeley Supplier through the Berkeley Financial System (BFS) Supplier Onboarding Portal.
To begin using this online process, you must first complete the Supplier Onboarding Training.
You can sign up for the training using the Supplier Onboarding Training Sign Up Form.
Supplier Onboarding Portal Features
- Self-Service Web Application for New Suppliers
- Updates to an existing supplier record will continue to require use of the fax method for the time being
- Online Access to Registration Functionality by Invitation for Prospective New Suppliers
- Not for a new employee, student, or updates
- Customized Supplier Templates Serve as Substitute W-9
- System Generated Notification Emails
- Status Updates for UC Berkeley Department Users
- BFS (PeopleSoft) Integrated Solution
Supplier Onboarding Roles
1. UC Berkeley Departments
- Sends an invitation from BFS to the potential new supplier
- Tracks the approval status via the portal dashboard
2. Potential New Supplier
- Receives the invitation via email with the login code
- Logs in to the BFS Supplier Portal
- Completes the supplier onboarding form in BFS
3. Vendoring Team
- Audits the New Supplier Application Form in BFS
- Adds 1099 Coding
- Runs OFAC and TIN matching for compliance
- Approves the new supplier
- Generates an email notification to the supplier and the UC Berkeley contact
Potential New Suppliers
If you are a potential new supplier, please check in with your UC Berkeley Department Contact.