Effective July 1, 2020
The Vendoring Team in Accounts Payable is excited to offer an online solution for supplier onboarding.
UCB Employees will be able to invite potential new suppliers to register as a UC Berkeley Vendor through the Berkeley Financial System (BFS) Supplier Onboarding Portal.
To begin using this new online vendoring process, you must sign up for and complete the online training.
Supplier Onboarding Portal Features
- Self-Service Web Application for New Suppliers (Updates to an existing supplier record will continue to require use of the fax method for the time being)
- Online Access to Registration Functionality by “Invitation” for Prospective New Suppliers (Not for a new employee, student, or updates)
- Customized Supplier Templates Serve as Substitute W-9
- System Generated Notification Emails
- Status Updates for UCB Department Users
- BFS (PeopleSoft) Integrated Solution
Supplier Onboarding Process Overview
UC Berkeley Departments
Potential New Supplier
We will communicate at some point over the course of the next few months, after training for this new process has been completed, a date when the existing Fax method will be phased out for new supplier requests.
For Updates to existing supplier records, please continue to use the existing Fax method.
For Potential New Suppliers
Please check in with your UC Berkeley Department Contact.