Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) deposits payments to the payee’s U.S. bank account within two business days following final approval in the Berkeley Financial System (BFS). Because EFT is more secure and convenient than paper checks, it is a preferred payment method.
The process for authorizing EFT depends on the type of payee. Please refer to the following sections for information and instructions for UC Berkeley students, employees, and suppliers.
UC Berkeley Students
- University of California OFAC Compliance Form for Students (Word)
- Direct deposit requirements for students transferring funds outside the U.S.
- UC Berkeley Direct Deposit
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) sign up
- Student inquiries should be submitted by opening a case with Cal Student Central
- Please refer to the Student Billing website for more information